Fetac Level 4 Basic Guarding Skills C10266This qualification provides an excellent foundation for work, as it satisfies the
minimum training requirements, determined by the Private Security Authority, for the
licensing of individuals working with the Static or Retail Security Guarding Sector of
the security industry. Following successful completion of the programme, learners
may apply for licensing under the Security Guard (static) Licence category.
Who Should Attend:The course is suitable for persons new to the security industry and experienced personnel who wish to obtain a certificate/Licence.All students attending the course must have with them:
1. PPS number.
2. Two recent personal passport size photographs
3. Identification (Drivers Licence, Passport, Social Welfare Services Card)
Programme Aims:The aim of this programme is to provide learners with an introductory understanding
of practical door security duties and procedures those working in the mainstream and
retail security industry. Learners will:
- Acquire a theoretical knowledge of security, the industry and its history
- Be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of Door Retail Security Office
- Be aware of the legal codes which apply
- Demonstrate a range of skills required for workplace security procedures and appropriate response to on-site emergencies
- An introduction to the Private Security Industry
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Officer
- Relevant Legislation
- Risk Awareness
- Practical Retail and Static Security Procedures
- Security and Emergency Systems
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Fire Safety Procedures
- Customer Care and Social Skills
- Communications and Reporting
- Labour Relations and Regulations
Course Manual:This course comes with a comprehensive manual, which proves an excellent source of reference after completion of course.
Training Methodology:Classroom based course, which is highly interactive and uses practical exercises and simulated case studies to reinforce understanding and learning.
Duration: 2 Days
Participation: 12 max
For more information on Security Courses contact Carraig Safety Consultants