Fork Lift Operations Beginners
This course is suitable for new drivers or drivers with little experience and no certification. This course consists of theoretical and practical training and testing.
Why go on this Course?
Operating a forklift truck is a specialised skill. Many accidents are caused by untrained drivers operating in ignorance of the special conditions that apply to forklifts. This course is aimed at individuals new to forklift truck driving. Certificates are awarded to participants who are successful in the theoretical and practical tests.
A confidential assessment on each operators abilities is also provided.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe operating skills
- Avoid danger to people and property
- Carry out an inspection of the forklift truck
- List the consequences of taking certain kinds of chances
- Load and unload safely
- Refuel/recharge forklifts
- Handle awkward loads
- Operators safety code
- Daily inspection
- Hydraulic inspection
- Operating practices
- Written Test
- Introduction to the forklift truck
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take over and maintenance
- Starting, stopping and steering
- Simple corners and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Handling awkward loads
- Skill tests
This course comes with a comprehensive manual, which proves an excellent source of reference after completion of course.
This course is based on classroom methods and practical lessons on forklift trucks
For more information on Fork Lift Operations Beginners contact Carraig Safety Consultants